REQUESTS FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Independent Contract Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Musselshell County is soliciting requests for qualifications for independent contract services for Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for working with Musselshell County Board of Commissioners.
The services to be provided will include but not limited to:
- Assist the County in preparation of annual budget
- Prepare projection of revenues and expenses and on-going monitoring of budget implementation.
- Supervision and Monitoring of grants
- Develop accurate and timely fiscal reports to meet county, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Prepare documentation and recommends purchase or sale of County property and equipment
- Participate in establishing fiscal systems and policies to meet county business needs; reviewing and interpreting accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Coordinate County responses to audits from other agencies
- Coordinate county asset classification and inventory management.
- Monitor and evaluate budget and expenditure activity
- Compile and submit detailed budget requests, amendments, operational plan changes, funding transfers and related items to Commissioners for review.
Responses should include:
- the firm’s or applicant’s legal name, address, and telephone number.
- the principal(s) of the firm and or the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
- a description of the firm’s or applicant’s prior experience in public sector budgeting and accounting management practices.
- knowledge of all County government functions: Montana Code Annotated as it applies to local government finance.
- a copy of the firm’s or applicant’s independent contractor exemption certificate.
The selection of finalists to be interviewed will be based on an evaluation of the written responses. The award will be made to the most qualified offeror whose proposal is deemed most advantageous to Musselshell County all factors considered. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified as soon as possible.
Respondents are to send their information to Clerk and Recorders Office at 506 Main St, Roundup, Mt 59072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org For a list of education and experience requirements, respondents may call Clerk and Recorders office at 406-323-1104 or request by email at email@example.com For any questions please call County Commissioners at 406-323-4613 or 406-331-0097. Applications must be in by October 16, 2020 at 5:00.
This solicitation is being offered in accordance with federal and state statutes governing procurement of professional services. Accordingly, the Musselshell County Commission reserves the right to negotiate an agreement based on fair and reasonable compensation for the scope of work and services proposed, as well as the right to reject any and all responses deemed unqualified, unsatisfactory or inappropriate.
Musselshell County Commissioners
Last modified: November 2, 2020