Treasurer: Darcie L Hetrick
Deputy: Laura Pollice
Clerk: Betty Viviano
Clerk: Laneva Brainard
506 Main Street
Roundup, MT 59072
Our office is open by Appointment only
As of Monday, March 30, 2020, the Treasurer’s Office is down to a skeleton crew. All of our services can be handled by phone, mail, email, online or by appointment. If you chose to register your vehicle or pay taxes online or over the phone, we do accept credit cards. The credit card company does charge a 2.49% fee for Visa, Master Card and Discover. The fee for American Express is 3.5%. If you have purchased a new vehicle, and we need your signature, we can send you the form to sign. We prefer email, but if you do not have an email, we can mail it to you. You can then mail or email it back and send a check or money order or call us if you are using a credit card. If you would like to pay your taxes online, you can go to musselshellcounty.org, go to Services, then taxes. You will then click on the Tax Payments box and enter either your last name or tax payer ID (found on your bill in the upper right hand corner). As always, we are only a phone call away, so don’t hesitate to call us for assistance. The phone number is 323-2504.
Fees can be paid at the Treasurer’s Office Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Appointments are now required for most services at all Driver License Exam Stations. Scheduling can be done online at or by calling 1-866-450-8034. The Roundup Exam station is not set up to issue REAL IDs.
The Montana Dept. of Justice website also offers further help and information on Driver’s Services and Motor Vehicle questions and forms.
Dates To Remember for Tax Payments
Real Estate Taxes
- November 30th – First Half Due
- May 31st – Second Half Due
Mobile Home Taxes
- May 31st – First Half Due
- November 30th – Second Half Due
Personal Property Taxes
- Thirty days from billing
- Most years due date is in June
If you ask anyone what the Treasurer’s Office does, they will tell you that this office takes your money.
Well, that’s true, but it’s only part of the story. Typical responsibilities include:
- Collect motor vehicle fees. This money is distributed to the county funds, the school districts, the City of Roundup, the Town of Melstone and the State of Montana.
- Collect property taxes. These funds are distributed to various state,county and city entities as well as the school districts based upon approved budgets and approved mill levies.
- Collect and invest money received by other county offices and the public schools. We make every effort to invest funds to earn the greatest interest while keeping your money secure. We have developed an Investment Pool which we feel will maximize our return on your money.
- Work hand in hand with the school clerks to receive and distribute money from the county and state sources to the appropriate school funds. The clerks are provided their cash balances and an overview of the money received and disbursed by each district.
- Remit monies received to the City of Roundup, Town of Melstone, Broadview School District and State of Montana on a monthly basis.
- Assist with vehicle titling and registration.
- Manage the County-side Investment Pool
Note: Web Tax shows Taxes for Mobile Homes and Real Estate Taxes for 2014 forward. Musselshell County changed tax programs in 2014, so prior tax years are not available.