Treasurer: Darcie L Hetrick
Deputy: Laura Pollice
Clerk: Betty Viviano
Clerk: Rayna Parry
506 Main Street
Roundup, MT 59072
Driver Services/Motor Vehicles
If paying with cash or check, fees can be paid at the Treasurer’s Office Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. If paying by credit or debit card, you can pay the examiner directly. Appointments are now required for most services at all Driver License Exam Stations. Scheduling can be done online or by calling 1-406-444-1772. The Roundup Exam station is now open:
Mondays 9am to 4:30 pm (closed for lunch)
Wednesdays 8am to 4:30pm (closed for lunch)
Fridays 8am to 4:30pm (closed for lunch)
The Montana Dept. of Justice website also offers further help and information on Driver’s Services and Motor Vehicle questions and forms. You can renew your vehicle online by going to https://mt.vitu.com/mvdyourway/vrguest. Please be advised that we do not process title work after 4 pm as this can be a lengthy process.
We now have a drop box set up on the south side of the building. It is located next to the handicap entrance and is a secure way to drop off your tax payments, vehicle registration renewals, etc. The box is lit up by the overhead light and is within view of a security camera. Cash will not be accepted in the box.
We have updated our policy on how we handle multiple assignees for a single property. We will now be drawing names for each property that has the multiple assignees. To make sure this is an equal opportunity for everyone, once a name is drawn that name will not be eligible for the rest of the drawings.
Dates To Remember for Tax Payments
Real Estate Taxes
- November 30th – First Half Due
- May 31st – Second Half Due
Mobile Home Taxes
- May 31st – First Half Due
- November 30th – Second Half Due
Personal Property Taxes
- Thirty days from billing
- Most years due date is in June
If you ask anyone what the Treasurer’s Office does, they will tell you that this office takes your money.
Well, that’s true, but it’s only part of the story. Typical responsibilities include:
- Collect motor vehicle fees. This money is distributed to the county funds, the school districts, the City of Roundup, the Town of Melstone and the State of Montana.
- Collect property taxes. These funds are distributed to various state, county and city entities as well as the school districts based upon approved budgets and approved mill levies.
- Collect and invest money received by other county offices and the public schools. We make every effort to invest funds to earn the greatest interest while keeping your money secure. We have developed an Investment Pool which we feel will maximize our return on your money.
- Work hand in hand with the school clerks to receive and distribute money from the county and state sources to the appropriate school funds. The clerks are provided their cash balances and an overview of the money received and disbursed by each district.
- Remit monies received to the City of Roundup, Town of Melstone, Broadview School District and State of Montana on a monthly basis.
- Assist with vehicle titling and registration. Please be advised that we do not process title work after 4 pm as this can be a lengthy process.
- Manage the County-side Investment Pool
Note: Web Tax shows Taxes for Mobile Homes and Real Estate Taxes for 2014 forward. Musselshell County changed tax programs in 2014, so prior tax years are not available.