Treasurer: Darcie L Hetrick
Deputy: Laura Pollice
Clerk: Betty Viviano
Clerk: Kathy Pfister
506 Main Street
Roundup, MT 59072
NOTICE OF PENDING ATTACHMENT OF A TAX LIEN
On Thursday, August 1, 2019, by 5:00 pm, the Musselshell County Treasurer will attach a property tax lien to property on which the 2018 taxes are delinquent. The delinquent taxes, including penalties, interest and costs are a lien upon the property and that unless delinquent taxes, penalties, interest, and costs are paid prior to August 1, 2019 a tax lien will be attached and may be assigned to a third party.
A complete list of all property on which taxes are delinquent is on file in the office of the Musselshell County Treasurer and is open to public inspection and examination on Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
For further information please contact the Musselshell County Treasurer at 506 Main St., Roundup, MT 59072 or at 406-323-2504.
Fees can be paid at the Treasurer’s Office Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Appointments are now required for most services at all Driver License Exam Stations. Scheduling can be done online at or by calling 1-866-450-8034. The Roundup Exam station is not set up to issue REAL IDs.
The Montana Dept. of Justice website also offers further help and information on Driver’s Services and Motor Vehicle questions and forms.
Dates To Remember for Tax Payments
Real Estate Taxes
- November 30th – First Half Due
- May 31st – Second Half Due
Mobile Home Taxes
- May 31st – First Half Due
- November 30th – Second Half Due
Personal Property Taxes
- Thirty days from billing
- Most years due date is in June
If you ask anyone what the Treasurer’s Office does, they will tell you that this office takes your money.
Well, that’s true, but it’s only part of the story. Typical responsibilities include:
- Collect motor vehicle fees. This money is distributed to the county funds, the school districts, the City of Roundup, the Town of Melstone and the State of Montana.
- Collect property taxes. These funds are distributed to various state,county and city entities as well as the school districts based upon approved budgets and approved mill levies.
- Collect and invest money received by other county offices and the public schools. We make every effort to invest funds to earn the greatest interest while keeping your money secure. We have developed an Investment Pool which we feel will maximize our return on your money.
- Work hand in hand with the school clerks to receive and distribute money from the county and state sources to the appropriate school funds. The Accounting Office provides monthly reports to each school district providing their cash balances and an overview of the money received and disbursed by each district.
- Remit monies received to the City of Roundup, Town of Melstone, Broadview School District and State of Montana on a monthly basis.
- Assist with vehicle titling and registration.
- Manage the County-side Investment Pool
Note: Web Tax shows Taxes for Mobile Homes and Real Estate Taxes for 2014 forward. Musselshell County changed tax programs in 2014, so prior tax years are not available.