Clerk & Recorder
Clerk & Recorder & Election Administrator
Deputy Clerk & Recorder/Executive Assistant
Billie Schenk- Claims Clerk
Garilynn Rapp– Payroll/Deputy
Use Our Contact Form
506 Main Street
Roundup, MT 59072
- Military Discharge – No charge can only be issued to service person or persons legally entitled thereto, upon proof of entitlement
- UCC lien filing – $8.00
- UCC continuation or amendment – $5.00
- Termination of UCC filing – no charge
- Filed Document – $5.00
- Subdivision Plats – $25.00 and $.50 for each lot in the subdivision up to and including 100, then $.25 per lot
for each lot in excess of 100
- Certificates of Survey – $25.00 plus $.50 for each parcel
- Certified copies of recorded or filed documents – $2.00 certification fee plus copy fees
- Copies of documents (not certified) – $.50 for the first page of each document and then $.25 for the next pages
- Certified copies of Death Certificates – $7.00
- Certified copies of Birth Certificates – $8.00
- Corner Recordations – no charge
- Documents Standards: 7-4-2636 MCA, 7-4-2637 MCA
- Documents must be legibly printed or typed in black in at least 10-point typeface, not including the signature, on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight, each page of which must be separated and have dimensions of either 8 ½ X 11 inches or 8½ X14 inches.
- Provide names of parties to the conveyance on the first or second page of any document with more than one page.
- Provide a complete legal description of the property.
- At least a 3-inch margin at the top of the first page, and at least a 1-inch at the top of all subsequent pages. At least a 1-inch margin on the bottom of each page, and at least ½ inch on the sides of each page.
- Include the name and Mailing address of the person to whom the document is to be returned in the margin in the upper left-hand corner of the first page of each document submitted and may include legibly printed in ink or typed. This must be within the 3 inch top margin and between the ½ side margins.
Fees for Recording
- $ 8.00 per page for documents that meet the above requirements
- If the document does not meet the above requirements the cost of recording document will then be $18.00 for the first page and then another $8.00 per page for each additional page.
- Filed Document are $5.00
- Find Commissioner Agendas & Meetings
- Budget Document (Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017)
- Tax Levy Document (Fiscal Year 2016 – 2017)