Thanks for your interest in our Musselshell County and we hope to see you soon. Roundup Montana, our county seat and largest town, is less than an hour away from the state’s largest city of Billings—Montana’s trail head and home of the state’s Logan international airport.
Our visitor community includes a wide and dynamic variety of people that enjoy our piece of Montana Big Sky Country. Musselshell County is a special part of central eastern Montana with industries that include ranching, farming, big game outfitting, coal, dryland and irrigated crops, a few oil rigs and a wonderful country town atmosphere in Roundup.
Annual 4th of July Celebration (3 Days)
Mark you calendars for the County’s largest event each year, the Roundup Independence Days Extravaganza (RIDE) where there is fun for the whole family for three days of 4th of July entertainment. There is a parade, live music with National acts, Rodeo, kids carnival, historic reenactments, great food and beverages, local attractions and a whole lot more.
What to do in the County
Visitors come from all over the nation and the state of Montana to enjoy a wide array of recreation. You’ll see sport cars and motorcycles taking the Billings-Roundup-Forsyth loop on a fun and scenic highway. Families, friends and couples enjoy road trips to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at local restaurants, some of which provide live music. Hunter’s look for the chance to harvest record elk, white tail deer, and mule deer. Fishermen seek a big catch on the Musselshell river as it winds its way through the county with trout in the colder water and catfish and small mouth bass in the warmer water. Local lounges in Roundup have live music on the weekends and hotels have comfortable lodging. There are great places to have a family picnic or take a walk or a hike.
- Join the fun during the Roundup Independence Extravaganza (Live Music, Rodeo, Kids Carnival and more)
- Keep an eye on the other Events in Musselshell County
- Tour the County in a car or motorcycle on the popular highway loop (Billings – Roundup – Melstone – Forsyth – back to Billings)
- Visit the Roundup lounges with Live country & rock music
- Take walk on the Heritage Trail and River Walk in Roundup
- Hunt for elk, antelope, and deer, including private land opportunities and possible shoulder seasons
- Fish on the county’s stretch of the Musselshell river for catfish and small mouth bass
- Enjoy comfortable lodging in Roundup hotels, and resupply vacation items
- Photograph central Montana, it’s industries and salt-of-the-earth residents
- Stop by Roundup and take a break on the way to the Bull, and Little Snowy Mountains
- Eat a country meal at one of the local restaurants