Hours of operation:
- Closed: Sunday, Monday & holidays
- Open Tuesday – Saturday: 9am to 5pm
Email the Refuse District
15 Refuse Road
Roundup, MT 59072
506 Main St
Roundup, MT 59072
The following items are accepted at this site
- Common household garbage
The following items are recycled at this site at no charge
- Scrap metal
- Aluminum cans
- Grass clippings and leaves
- Newspapers & paper of any kind: magazines, office, notebook,junk mail and colored paper.
- White goods: stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners
- Refrigerators & air conditioners must have the refrigerant removed as per EPA regulations
- Card board: flat and corrugate; shipping, cereal, cracker and shoe boxes.
- Plastics: items marked with the universal recycling symbol 1-7 with food waste rinsed out.
- Tin cans: rinsed and paper removed
The Burn Pit
The county burn pit accepts clean wood & tree branches (no paint, stain, nails, etc.)
The following items are subject to a load fee including but not limited to:
- Carpet treated wood
- Roofing materials paneling & plywood sheet rock & plaster
- Other construction materials painted wood not over 4 feet long
Minimum load fees as determined by the load inspector:
- Pickup with short bed & standard height sides: $15.00
- Pickup with short bed & extended height sides: $30.00
- Pickup with long bed & standard height sides: $20.00
- Pickup with long bed & extended height sides: $40.00
- Trucks with box: up to 18 foot box: $90.00
- Trucks with box: over 18 foot box & up: $120.00
- All loads must be inspected prior to dumping!
- Out of county vehicles are subject to dumping fees
- All loads in transit must be secured to prevent loss onto the roadway
This site does not accept:
- Motor oil, tires, hazardous waste including asbestos
- There is a $300.00 fine for improper dumping!
Satellite dump sites:
- Musselshell: Tuesday: 1:00pm. to 5:00pm. Saturday: 8:00am. to 12:00 noon.
- Melstone: Tuesday: 8:00am to 12:00 noon. Saturday: 1:00 pm to 5:00pm.