October 5, 2023
The meeting was called to order at 8:30 by Commissioner Turley, Commissioner Goffena was present. Commissioner Pancratz joined via phone.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Commissioner Goffena made the motion to approve the agenda as is. Commissioner Turley seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Commissioner Turley made a motion to approve the minutes as is. Commissioner Goffena seconded the motion. Motion carried.
No public comment
All business and Resolutions reviewed by the Commission.
- Commissioner Pancratz made the motion to sign Memorandum of Understanding between Musselshell Board of Commissioners and Golden Valley Board of Commissioners to reallocate expenses and salary contributions for the County Attorney and his office.
This issue has been tabled for further discussion with Golden Valley Board of Commissioners.
Commissioner Turley and Commissioner Goffena attended the Road Department Meeting held on Monday October 2nd 2023, minutes are as follows:
- On Wednesday Tom went up to Great Falls to see how the Grader rebuild-makeover was going. He was very impressed with everything they are doing to it. At this point the whole grader has been tore apart and they are replacing and fixing every little detail. When it is done the grader will be almost like new again at half the cost.
- Road Dept. crew started graveling Eagle Rock last week. This week they are hauling more gravel out. Trying to get as much done as they can before the rain starts.
- Commissioners are going to talk with Ken Stahl about Colony Road. 4. Somebody bladed North Delphia Road and made the road worse than before. Nobody is to be doing any work on any of the County Roads. The Commissioners will decide where to go from here.
- MCEP-Montana Coal Endowment Program still has funding available
- Terry Jorgenson last day was 9/28/23. We wish him well!
- Tom is putting traffic counters out on #4 Road and Dean Creek Road.
There has been a problem with trespassers out on Mushroom Mine Road. That road is closed to the public, it is only to be used for emergency vehicle access only. The Road Dept. will be getting signs to post.
Commissioner Turley attended the Hospital Meeting held on Oct. 5th, 2023, minutes are as follows:
Commissioner Turley attended the Roundup Memorial Hospital (RMH) Board meeting this date. Mr. Rick Schroeder is the RMH interim administrator from Billings Clinic. Having spent time with RMH medical and administrative staff, Mr. Schroeder has a very optimistic outlook for Roundup Memorial Hospital. Director of Nursing Cindy Moore and Medical Staff Valerie Russell, PA-C, both indicated that positive staffing updates are continuing. Val also stated that trauma preparedness at RMH remains on track as a trauma receiving facility Theresa Doumitt made note of 37 RMH improvement projects that were grant funded with RMH matching funds. Roundup Memorial continues to be in a very positive situation.
Justice of the Peace Brad Marking met with the Commissioners. He discussed the pay increase for his services. Secondly, Mr. Marking requested basic security measures for the Justice Court. He would like to review the building layout for when prisoners appear in court, as it is a shared building with Mental Health. Thirdly, with zoom hearings now available he would like to move to that format for defendants in Musselshell County jail, as a security measure.
Maintenance Supervisor Jett gave her update to the Commissioners and discussed county maintenance operating needs. She updated Commissioners on current projects in process such as the new concrete pad for handicapped parking and sidewalk repair at the courthouse. Work scheduled for Oct. 14th-16th.
County Attorney Larsen met with the Commissioners discussing County legal issues.
CFO Kirk met with the Commissioners regarding the County budget. They discussed amending Resolution 2023-54, due to the sample from MACO being incorrect. This will be on the agenda for next week. She also reviewed the deadline for the budget has been extended to Oct. 15th 2023.
Sheriff Lesnik gave his weekly report to the Commissioners. Reviewed personnel need for the Sheriff’s Office.
DES Coordinator Rook gave the weekly report to the Commissioners. One new address was verified this week. DES met with ESRI for GIS/Map Training. This week the department met with the Youth Cares group to discuss the possibility of a new community center.
Bill and Barb Wacker, along with Jaley and Chad Hitchcock, came to inquire on where the commission is in regards to the request to rescind the Resolution 2023-35, A Resolution of the Board of County Commissioners of Musselshell County Abandoning the Last Mile of Allen Road, as a county road. After reviewing with the County Attorney, the Commissioners have placed this on next week’s agenda for a Resolution to Rescind.
End of public comment.
There being no further business Commissioner Turley made the motion to adjourn. Commissioner Goffena seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Last modified: October 13, 2023